When you book a group or one-to-one session, we will first explore how you would like to work with the horses. We will then design activities to assist you in meeting those goals in creative new ways. You can also choose to do a combination of equine assisted learning and the Art of Horse Whispering.What's the difference between Equine assisted experiential learning and the "Art of Horse Whispering?"
In either an equine assisted experiential learning or the "Art of Horse Whispering" session you will learn experientially how to connect with the horses, how to lead, and how to work with the horse at liberty. You will also learn how horses communicate, and enter into a field of herd mindfulness and reflection. In equine learning you may lead a horse through a series of obstacles first individually and then as a group, as a way to explore dealing with your own life obstacles.
1. Equine facilitated experiential learning is about connecting with horses and exploring experientially anything you the client would like work on. You can set an intent or just allow the learning to happen. We work in away that is emergent and/or reflective and the learning is in the experience and the non-judgemental feedback the horses will give. You then take what you have learned, for example building rapport, self awareness, calmness, mindfulness and leadership skills into your everyday life.
2. Art of Horse Whispering is about stepping into the world of the horse and exploring the horse human connection intuitively. Compared with experiential learning, the process is less about having an agenda for self development and more about the whole experience that emerges, as you learn to build a relationship with the horse/s. Equine Assisted Learning
The conventional way of thinking is that humans have something to teach horses. We turn this on its head and focus instead on what horses can teach us about ourselves, others and the world at large. By their natural biological make-up horses have a lot they can show us, and through equine experiential learning they can help us to unlock our true potential, and move forward with what has meaning and harmony in our lives.
• Become more aware of how our body language and inner thoughts can affect our outer ways of both being and doing
• Discover different approaches to achieving goals including working with developing presence and emotional intelligence
• Gain greater self awareness, calmness, focus and mindfulness to improve wellbeing
• Develop horsemanship skills through self-mastery rather than mastery over the horse!
• Practise building relationships which are power with, not power over Art of Horse Whispering
Becoming a horse whisperer takes a life time of being around horses, there are no quick routes, but many of the great horse whisperers' developed their skills by getting the chance to learn how to connect with horses in nature - and that is the part we explore.
In modern times not that many of us get the chance to grow up around horses and just "be" with them and learn from them. In these workshops and sessions we get the chance to do just that. This is a chance to learn horse connection in away that is safe, informative, intuitive and creative. You will not be riding the horses or learning to train or control them, instead, by paying attention to the horses subtle nuances, you will be learning to become their co-creative partners.
Although our Art of Horse Whispering courses are not framed to offer therapy, the horses by their natural biological make-up will be asking us to stay connected, authentic and mindful and this can be very therapeutic. Connecting with horses in this way can also help develop leadership skills, as well as greater trust in self and others, by developing presence, integrity and congruency. Further information
During a workshop or session we enter a field of no wrong or right doing, a completely non-judgemental space for self-development and reflection, where we create an environment of safety, trust, confidentiality and openness for learning and growth through the opportunities that natural occur by engaging and working with horses.
Equine assisted learning and "the Art of Horse Whispering can encourage personal growth and self mastery through connecting with the power and wisdom of horses. You will not be receiving any training in gaining power over the horses, or learning to train or control a horse, you will be working in away that is power with not power over.
No previous experience with horses is necessary. Many of our participants have not even handled a horse before and have had past experiences that have made them nervous of them. Safety and sensitivity for both the horses and the humans is always paramount.
Examples of our prices:
One-to-one £60 for 90 minutes.
One day workshops for groups of 6-8 people - from £95 per person, per day.
Half day workshops for 2-4 people - from £75 per person.Our pricing policy
The prices above are our middle range prices, we don't make a profit but we do cover our cost. We also offer discounts and bursaries on these prices to people who are disadvantaged and who would not otherwise be able to afford to come. We fund this by charging higher range prices to our leadership and business coaching clients, and from donations and other funding. All profits then get reinvested into offering lower prices and bursaries.
For more information contact Sue Blagburn
Phone: 07831 865259
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org There are six different options we can offer you…