Our mission statement: "Awareness with Horses offers learning and growth through the therapeutic and transformative opportunities horses can provide through professionally facilitated equine assisted interventions. Our aim is to self awareness and well-being, and developing potential and skills which transfer forwards into peoples everyday lives.”
Learn experientially how to just be with Horses including:
• Learning experientially how to connect with horses in nature
• Developing Horse Whispering skills through mindfulness and presenting
• Developing awareness and confidence around horses
• Work experientially with horses in a way which can help with well being and mental health or personal development including:
• Building calmness and self awareness
• Becoming more present, mindful and embodied
• Reducing anxiety and stress
• Developing resilience and self care
• Improving self confident
• Forming more authentic relationships with self and others
• Setting healthier boundaries
• Developing co-creative leadership skills. Click here to read more about us.
LATEST COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS - Updated September 2021
Due to the pandemic Awareness with Horses is only offering one-to-one equine assisted sessions or small groups of up to 3 or 4 people. This includes both existing and new clients, and both adults or young people. All the interventions described on this website are available. For everyones safety we are keeping within the government guidelines which reflect the situation on an ongoing basis. All our sessions take place mainly outdoors or in a well aired part of the stables.WE HAVE MOVED
Awareness with Horses has moved to beautiful land and stables on the edge of Dartmoor, less than 10 minutes from Ashburton and 4 minutes from Buckland in the Moor. Our premises comprise of stables and six acres of fields surrounded by mixed deciduous woodland. This gives our clients the opportunity to engage with horses in natural surroundings which offers a peaceful, quiet, private, safe, undisturbed space.
As well as being on a beautiful part of Dartmoor we are also really easy to get to, being just under 10 minutes from the A38 dual carriageway. From Exeter/Newton Abbot direction: take the Ashburton Linhay Turn off. Or from Plymouth/Totnes take the Peartree turn off.
If you would like to be on our mailing list please click here to email us
and be added. There are six different options we can offer you…