When you book a group or one-to-one session for your child, we will first explore how she or he would like to work with the horses. We will then design activities to assist you in meeting those goals in creative new ways. You can also choose to do a combination of equine assisted learning and the Art of Horse Whispering. Connect with horses, learn their language, and how they communicate...
• Meet with our horses in a beautiful natural environment
• Learn their language and enter their horse world
• Build a rapport with our horses - entering a relationship which is power with, not power over.What's the difference between Equine assisted experiential learning and the "Art of Horse Whispering?"
In either an equine assisted experiential learning or the "Art of Horse Whispering" session children and young people learn experientially how to connect with the horses, how to care for and groom the horses, how to lead, and how to work with the horse at liberty. They will also learn how horses communicate, and enter into a field of herd mindfulness and awareness, learn about healthy boundaries, self care and care for others. Students then take what they have learned back into their every day lives, for example building rapport, self awareness, self esteem, calmness, self confidence and communication skills.
1. In equine facilitated experiential learning you will have more of an agenda for your child to learn life skills or learn to cope better at school or college. Students take what they have learned back into their very day lives, for example building rapport, self awareness, self esteem, calmness, self confidence and communication skills
2. Art of Horse Whispering is about stepping into the world of the horse and exploring the horse human connection intuitively and creatively, on longer sessions this can include drawing or creative writing. Compared with experiential learning, the process is less about having an agenda for self development and more about the whole experience that emerges, as your child learn to build a relationship with the horse/s. "Art of Horse Whispering" philosophy
Becoming a horse whisperer takes a life time of being around horses, there are no quick routes, but many of the great horse whisperers' developed their skills by getting the chance to learn how to connect with horses in nature - usually from childhood and that is the part we explore.
In modern times not that many of us get the chance to grow up around horses and just "be" with them and learn from them. In these workshops and sessions our vision is to give children and young people the opportunity to do just that. This is a chance to learn horse connection in away that is safe, informative, intuitive and creative. They will not be riding the horses or learning to train or control them, instead, by paying attention to the horses subtle nuances, they will be learning to become their co-creative partners.
We are based in a beautiful natural environment of paddocks and child friendly woodland. Dreamwood also offers all kinds of Forest School activities, rather than being part of a commercial equestrian centre, though it does have good facilities, and is professionally run, it offers a peaceful, quiet, private undisturbed space to be with horses.
Although our Art of Horse Whispering courses are not framed to offer therapy, the horses by their natural biological make-up will be asking us to stay connected, authentic and mindful and this can be very therapeutic. Connecting with horses in this way can also help develop leadership skills, as well as greater trust in self and others, by developing presence, integrity and congruency. Also find out more about reconnecting with nature through horses on the left column.
We also run Art of Horse Whispering sessions and courses suitable for adults and please also see our information on our Special Programmes for Children and Young People or are disadvantaged.
For one-to-one sessions £45 for one hour, £60 for 90 minutes and £75 for two hours.
Half day/three hours for 2-4 people - £60 per person
Short Full day/five hours for 2-4 people - £90 per person
There are many more options available please contact us to get a quote.
For more information contact Sue Blagburn
Phone: 07831 865259
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThere are six different options we can offer you…