Our mission statement: "Awareness with Horses offers a range of professionally facilitated equine assisted interventions which offer therapeutic and transformative opportunities through awareness and engagement with horses. Our aim is to support well-being growth, and skills which can transfer forwards into peoples everyday lives.”Please note we do not offer horse riding, all our equine assisted interventions happen with feet firmly on the ground.
Learn how to be with Horses in away which is good for you and good for the horse:
• Work experientially around how to connect with horses naturally in nature on Dartmoor
• Experience the basics of what “Horse Whispering" is through horse assisted mindfulness and presencing
Work experientially with horses to help with well being, mental health and personal development including:
• Building calmness and self awareness
• Becoming more present, mindful and embodied
• Reducing anxiety and stress
• Developing resilience and self care
• Improving self confident
• Forming more authentic relationships with self and others
• Building healthier boundaries
• Developing co-creative leadership skills."Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about ideas, language, even the phrase each other doesn't make any sense."
Rumi, translated by Coleman BarksClick here to read more about us.
LATEST COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
Awareness with Horses continues to offer one-to-one equine assisted learning, coaching and counselling and group equine assisted experiential learning and mindfulness with horses. This includes both existing and new clients, and both adults and young people. All our one to one and group interventions described on this website are available.
For everyones safety we are keeping within the government guidelines which reflect the situation on an ongoing basis. All our sessions take place outdoors or in our well aired stables.OPEN EVENTS:
Mindfulness with Horses and Leadership with Horses for Adults.
We will be running some open workshops from mid August - November 2022, details coming soon. Please note you can come and book a one to one session or a group of one to 4 people at anytime see Learning Workshops for Adults
PLEASE NOTE: Any profit we make on group work goes towards financing the work we do with young people who otherwise may not be able to afford to come.Our Location
Awareness with Horses is based in a beautiful natural peaceful location on the edge of Dartmoor, less than 10 minutes from Ashburton and 4 minutes from Buckland in the Moor. Our premises comprise of stables and six acres of fields surrounded by mixed deciduous woodland. This gives our clients the opportunity to engage with horses in natural surroundings, in a quiet, private, safe, undisturbed space.
As well as being on a beautiful part of Dartmoor we are also really easy to get to, being just under 10 minutes from the A38 dual carriageway. From Exeter/Newton Abbot direction: take the Ashburton Linhay Turn off. Or from Plymouth/Totnes take the Peartree turn off.
If you would like to be on our mailing list please click here to email us
and be added. There are six different options we can offer you…