Our mission statement: "Awareness with Horses offers a range of professionally facilitated equine assisted interventions which offer therapeutic and transformative opportunities through awareness and engagement with horses. Our aim is to support well-being and growth, in order to develop potential and skills which transfer forwards into peoples everyday lives.”Please note we do not offer horse riding, all our equine assisted interventions happen with ones feet firmly on the ground.
Learn experientially how to be with Horses including:
• Learning experientially how to connect with horses in nature
• Developing 'Horse Whispering" knowledge through horse assisted mindfulness and presencing
• Building Systemic Eco-Leadership skills
Work experientially with horses to help with well being, mental health and personal development including:
• Building calmness and self awareness
• Becoming more present, mindful and embodied
• Reducing anxiety and stress
• Developing resilience and self care
• Improving self confident
• Forming more authentic relationships with self and others
• Building healthier boundaries
• Developing co-creative leadership skills. "Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about ideas, language, even the phrase each other doesn't make any sense."
Rumi, translated by Coleman BarksClick here to read more about us.
LATEST COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS - Updated December 2021
Due to the pandemic Awareness with Horses continues to offer one-to-one equine assisted learning, coaching and counselling. This includes both existing and new clients, and both adults and young people. All our one to one interventions described on this website are available.
We are also happy to offer Equine Assisted Mindfulness in Nature, or Art of HorseWhispering, or Equine Assisted Eco-leadership group sessions for between 2 and 3 people who know each other. Any profit we make on group work goes towards giving bursaries to the work we do with young people who otherwise may not be able to afford to come.
For everyones safety we are keeping within the government guidelines which reflect the situation on an ongoing basis. All our sessions take place outdoors or in our naturally well aired stables.Our Location
Awareness with Horses is based in a beautiful natural peaceful location on the edge of Dartmoor, less than 10 minutes from Ashburton and 4 minutes from Buckland in the Moor. Our premises comprise of stables and six acres of fields surrounded by mixed deciduous woodland. This gives our clients the opportunity to engage with horses in natural surroundings, in a quiet, private, safe, undisturbed space.
As well as being on a beautiful part of Dartmoor we are also really easy to get to, being just under 10 minutes from the A38 dual carriageway. From Exeter/Newton Abbot direction: take the Ashburton Linhay Turn off. Or from Plymouth/Totnes take the Peartree turn off.
If you would like to be on our mailing list please click here to email us
and be added. There are six different options we can offer you…